The Ultimate Guide on How to Uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition
Minecraft is a popular video game that was first released in 2011 by Mojang. You can play it on the number of platforms including Linux, macOS, and Microsoft Windows. The game puts participants in the fictional 3D procedurally generated world. Here you can fight monsters, gather resources to build a new world, explore the mine, and do other exciting things in different modes, such as survival, adventure, monitoring, hardcore, and creative. Also, there is a Minecraft: Pocket Edition version which allows you to play the game not only on PC but also on the mobile phone or tablet. Also, this version can be installed on the computer. Although there are a lot of guides on how to download and install the game on the PC, there are a few tutorials on how to uninstall it and what troubles you can face. We will guide you through all nitty-gritty.
Uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition from Windows
You can disable the game temporarily or permanently. In the first case, we advise you to save and back up the progress of the game. This way you will have the opportunity to return to it later and continue the game no matter what platform you use. But the second case takes much more time and requires more effort from you. We will consider the ways of how to uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition from Windows, Mac PC, Android, and iOS platforms. There are two methods to remove the game from Windows PC. Method 1 consists of these steps:
• Press the combination of Window’s key + ‘R while opening the ‘Run’ dialog box on the screen;
• Then you need to open the ‘Roaming’ folder. For this, click ‘appdata' and OK button;
• Open ‘.minecraft’;
• Tap ‘Delete’ from the drop-down menu or drag it to the recycle bin.
Also, you can back up the game in a separate location on your computer, but it’s not that necessary. For this, the first thing you should do is to back up the game, and just before the last step copy and paste the ‘saves’ folder to anywhere on your computer.
Method 2 describes the steps which you can perform in a Control Panel:
• Press ‘Enter’ on the keyboard to open Control Panel;
• Select ‘Programs’ folder;
• Navigate to ‘Programs and Features’ → ‘Uninstall a program’;
• Choose ‘Minecraft PE’ and right-click on it;
• Select ‘Uninstall’ option. Then follow the instructions.
Uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition from Mac OS
Unlike Windows, Mac has only one method to uninstall the game. Follow the instructions below:
• Firstly, open a Finder window on the screen;
• Secondly, you need to open ‘Go to Folder’. For this, press at the same time Cmd’ key + ‘Shift’ key + ‘G’;
• Then navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/ and there select the ‘Return’ key;
• Right-click on the ‘Minecraft’ folder and select to ‘Move to Trash’ option. You can also do it by simply dragging the folder in the ‘Trash’.
Uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition from Android
Android devices use a straightforward way to remove the games:
• Open the Settings menu item on the device;
• Find the App option and press it;
• Browse across all your apps to find Minecraft Pocket Edition. Tap on it;
• Inside the ‘App info’ page, click the ‘Uninstall’ button.
Uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition from iOS
This method contains the smallest number of steps. To uninstall Minecraft Pocket Edition, you need to:
• Hold down the Minecraft PE icon;
• Drag it to the ‘x’ circle on the bottom of the screen;
• Tap the ‘Delete’ button and confirm your action.
Was This Advice Helpful?
That’s all! As you can see, the process of deleting is simple and intuitive no matter which platform or device you use. Was this guide helpful for you? If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments section below.